Monday, September 18, 2006

Who You Gonna Call?

I'm reading this book called Will Storr v. The Supernatural and it's freaking the shit out of me. This British journalist follows all these paranormal investigators in their investigations, writes about the situation and activity he encounters, and vacillates between belief and skepticism. It's good. And scary.

I was reading it last night before I went to sleep and I had the SCARIEST dream ever! I didn't know if I was asleep or awake and at one point I felt like I had woken up and was remembering the dream and was so scared that I was essentially paralyzed and I felt like I was in than semi-paralyzed state for HOURS, but eventually I really woke up and looked at my clock and had only been asleep for like an hour and a half. I dreamt about ghosts. And a dollhouse. And Winona Ryder was there. It was really scary.

I grew up loving horror movies. When I was 5 I made my dad take me to see The Fox and The Hound, and his retribution was to make me watch The Shining on HBO. I'd like to say that he waited 10 years or so to exact his revenge, but it was, if not that night, at least that week. I'm pretty sure I used up all the horror movie fear I could ever have experienced at that moment. So, for the remainder of my childhood and adolesence I searched for the movie that would scare me. I didn't find it.

The movies that interested me most, though, were not the scary killer movies like Nightmare on Elm Street and Halloween, but the ghost stories, like Poltergeist and Amityville Horror. I'm not suggesting these were GOOD movies (although, Polergeist was), just that they interested me most.

I think I need to be a paranormal investigator. When I think about something that interests me more than work or frivolous entertainment, it's ghost and paranormal activity. I don't know if I believe in ghosts. I don't NOT believe in them, but I am skeptical. I think it would be fun to find out.

I'm totally going to ghostbuster school. It'll be superfly.

PS - I ate solid food today and a little bit yesterday. More importantly, it stayed put!

PPS - Bill C. is a sexy bitch. Clinton for king!

No comments: