Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Sweet!

My work had an employee appreciation event tonight and I won this!


I will happily suckle at the corporate teat if I will continue to be rewarded thusly!

This is cool for lots of reasons, but primarily because I wanted one of these and probably would have bought one in the next month or so, and secondarily because my name has never been pulled out of a hat, bucket, shoebox, spinning raffle cage thingy, or anything. Never once. Ain't never done happened.

I could have 999 tickets out of a thousand in a drawing and the not-my-ticket would inevitably be drawn. I'm just not lucky.

I think it goes back to when I was 19 and decided to get a tattoo. There wasn't a specific tattoo I wanted, I just knew I wanted one and chose a clover at the tattoo parlor. But I wanted a three-leafed clover because I'm not superstitious and I didn't want the clover to reflect any desire for luck on my part. And so I got none.

Until now. What changed? I should check my tattoo and see if it perhaps sprouted a fourth leaf. Regardless, I have a Bose ipod dock and I'm fucking happy about it!

No comments: