Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Nobody Knows Me, Like My iPod

Yes, I've done this already. But I have a ton of new music on my ipod (I have a lowly nano, which holds less than 1k songs, so I have to constantly update and switch things up), so I wanted to try again. There are consistencies between this and the last attempt, which I will address below.

How does the world see me?
trampoline, The Grates
Last time it was sukkafish by The Grates. The Grates do not think highly of me. Too bad, because I had a total girl crush on the singer when I saw them open for the Go! Team at Webster Hall.

Will I have a happy life?
I've Got The Blues, Lyle Lovett
Apparently, I will not have a happy life. The Lyle Lovett blues aren't so bad, though. More of a consistent melancholia than an I need to slit my wrists now and again later mind-numbing depression. I can dig it.

What do my friends really think of me?
She's Hearing Voices, Bloc Party
My friends think I'm a paranoid schizophrenic. This is not entirely surprising.

How can I be happy?
Whatever's Left, Snow Patrol
I cannot interpret this. Left of what? Of me? Like the Nick Lachey song? I can be happy if I hook up with Nick Lachey? Is that my only option? Because we don't really run in the same circles so it's pretty limiting. I had a dream about Nick Lachey right after he and Jessica Simpson divorced and he had to stay with me because clearly he couldn't stay with Jessica and I had a big crush on him and we flirted a lot, but it wasn't good timing, so we never did anything about it. Sometimes I wonder how different my life would be now if we had.

Will I ever have children?
Cry Me A River, Justin Timberlake
Am I to cry Justin a river because he has no sympathy for my childless plight? Or will all of my children be crying rivers? Again, not interpreting this one very well.

What is some good advice for me?
Shallow, Ryan Adams
More or less? Need more info Ryan.

How will I be remembered?
Someday, The Strokes
Last time I did this I got 15 Minutes by The Strokes. What does it mean that I've gotten time-related songs by the Strokes twice now. Really. What does it mean? Tell me!

What is my signature dancing song?
Punks in the Beerlight, The Silver Jews
This makes me uber-happy because I fucking love this song!

What do I think my current theme song is?
Used to Love Him, Fiona Apple
Sure, I used to love him. Not sure what relevancence is now.

What does everyone else think my current theme song is?
Ramblin' Man, The Allman Brothers Band
This makes sense. I unexpectedly move a lot.

What song will play at my funeral?
Blue Orchid, The White Stripes
I like that a song about Satan will play at my funeral. "You got a reaction. You got a reaction, didn't you?" If I can't get a reaction at my funeral, where can I get one?

What is my day going to be like?
Nobody Move, Nobody Get Hurt, We Are Scientists
I like this song. A lot. Too bad my day's almost over. I'm using this song for tomorrow.

No comments: