Friday, June 23, 2006

I (heart) Gary Wright

I'm in the process of getting approval to have Dreamweaver installed on my computer at work and when T. the tech guy stopped by my desk this morning, I sang, soulfully, Dreamweaver., by Gary Wright; "I believe you can get me through the ni-hight."

Appalled at my introduction of this hauntingly beautiful song into his morning musical rotation, T. the tech guy drew upon his cure-all to the common stuck song: Hold on Loosely, by .38 Special. I have nothing against .38 Special, and I actually like this particular song, but it has nothing on Tina Turner's Private Dancer in terms of song unstickiness efficacy.

When I introduced this (BETTER) alternative to T. the tech guy, he went all autistic on me, clutching his head and repeating, "Think of .38 Special, think of .38 Special."

It was both alarming and entertaining, which kind of sums up my reintroduction to corporate america.

No comments: