Sunday, March 05, 2006

Oscar Projections


I'm always wrong about these things because I pick who I want to win instead of who I think will actually win. As long as I haven't got money riding on it, I guess I'm in ok shape.

Shout out to TM in MPLS who ALWAYS wins this game (and knows too much about me of late).

Here goes:

Best Picture - Crash
Best Director - Ang Lee
Best Actor - Phillip Seymour Hoffman
Best Actress - Reese Witherspoon (yay!)
Best Supporting Actor - Paul Giamatti
Best Suppporting Actress - Rachel Weisz

I didn't just pick who I wanted to win because if I had done that I would have picked Michelle Williams for best supporting actress because I love the idea of Jen turning into the respectable actress when it looked like Joey Potter had it in the bag but is now a big joke. Team Linley!

Honestly, these are the only categories I care about. The others are a crapshoot and not very interesting. I hope Wallace and Grommit wins best animated, but I don't actually know or care who it's up against. And yes, it would be easy to find out, but like I said, I don't care.

I love the Oscars. This is the one day of the year when I kick myself for not having cable. I just learned that E! will be simulcasting their pre-show online starting at 5:30 pm. My inet connection isn't the best but beggars can't be choosers.

Here's to Reese not wearing a Kiki reject again. She's too good for that!

No comments: