Thursday, November 04, 2004

Saddest. Day. Ever.

It was actually yesterday, but I didn't bother to get out of bed yesterday.

I'm sick of east and west coasters acting as if they are the only Americans with progressive sensibilities. Did any east and/or west coasters see the electoral map for the 2004 election? It seems to me that the upper midwest was predominantly blue. The only non-blue state is Iowa, and that's too close to call.

I understand that their point is that Kerry got the clear majority of the vote in NYC and on the west coast, while he squeaked by in the upper midwest, but it's still incredibly patronizing to attribute the same conservative inclinations to midwesterners, as to deep-southerners or bible-belters.

I guess I needn't care, as I will soon be one of the elite, progressive, soon to secede east-coasters. Fucking fantastic.

I like this view of North America:




No comments: